ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

I strongly object to Verisign's possible monopolly on .com ......

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I strongly object to Verisign's possible monopolly on .com ......
  • From: "Rafi Allameh" <allameh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:35:44 +0330

I strongly object to Verisign's possible monopoly on .com and therefore to
any automatic price increases by Verisign.

Why should popular TLDs be in the monopoly of single private company ????

Such TLDs should be controlled and regulated by multi-national non - profit
making organizations and not by a monopoly of a private profit making
company.

Internet is a technology that should not be in the monopoly of a single
country let alone a company.

I therefore strongly object to any settlement which might result in such
monopolies.

Netpars.com

Neekan.com

Allameh.info