ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

settlement agreement

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: settlement agreement
  • From: "Narinder Bansal" <narinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:16:00 +0530

Hi

We at Digitech are against the proposed settlement between Icann and Verisign.

The proposed settlement is against intention of the .com space. Verisign
were given the privilege of managing the .com space and is compensated based
on cost for this endeavour. Allowing Verisign to one-sided price increases,
which are not cost-based, and not subject to approval goes against the
intention of this public domain. And this will kill the small businesses.

We have aprroximately 450 .com domains booked with us for our customers and
maximum of them are small businesses. We strongly opposed this aggrement.

All fees should continue to be approved by the internet community. ICANN
should continue the case, and win!

Best Regards,
Narinder Bansal
Digitech Software Solutions