ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

unfair and unjust .. no one shud be allowed to monopolize internet...

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: unfair and unjust .. no one shud be allowed to monopolize internet...
  • From: "Piyush Rajput" <rajput_piyush@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:08:50 +0530

To Whom it May Concern,

I feel highly  disappointed about this proposed settlement between ICANN and
Verisign regarding the  .COM tld.

While other domain extensions are reducing in price with time, this settlement
will almost ensure that prices for .com tld never reduce and Verisign grossly
profits off of the consumer with no competition- MONOPOLIES ARE WRONG! ! ! !
This will only alienate the consumer which will slowly and slowly move to other
tlds. This is totally unfair and unjust settlement.

I urge those in charge at ICANN to reconsider and keep open free enterprise by
allowing open bid for the annual contract,  and/or abolish the annual increases
of 7% proposed for the .COM registrations.

Warm Regards,

Piyush Rajput