ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Verisign Settlement

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>, <cgutierrez@xxxxxxx>, <mgallagher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Verisign Settlement
  • From: "ops guys" <ops@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:54:00 -0800

I object to the proposed settlement with ICANN & Verisign. I request that
the "Global Public" be heard in an open forum at ICANN's meeting in
Vancouver BC on this matter. Verisign should never be allowed to maintain
such control. I am certain that many of us working in the Internet would be
Happy to have such a Christmas present but this is excessive. Verisign is
not now, not have they ever been a good Internet citizen. We have thousands
of people who have registered domains through us. ICANN has NEVER, not ONCE
listened to our concerns on any matter. So now, you are going to make people
worldwide pay even more for less than service. What gives the U.S.
government the right to do this?

Again, I hereby request that this matter be heard in the light of day at the
ICANN meeting in Vancouver BC. What is the hurry anyway? It's all 1's n 0's.

Regards,

Joop Cousteau

On the Internet since 1990