ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Concerns about settlement with Verisign

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Concerns about settlement with Verisign
  • From: "Majid Qazi" <majid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:47:28 -0500

It is a matter of deep concern for me and my customers / domain owners that
ICAAN has finally agreed to support the cash-grab moves of Verisign. I
strongly feel that it is very important to protect the Internet from the
lust of big corporations like Verisign and to place it under an
international control. Otherwise the popularity of the Internet might suffer
a setback and it might be split into many smaller networks each having its
own .com and .org tlds. Besides, the domain owners of .com may find it more
economical to use other tlds such as .ca, .uk or .cn.  Let me say that by
this settlement, ICANN and Verisign are not taking any prudential step -
they are just killing the hen that lays golden eggs.

M. Qazi

DynaTech Solutions

www.dynatechsolutions.com