ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

New ICANN/Verisign settlement proposal

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: New ICANN/Verisign settlement proposal
  • From: "KINSALE NETS:" <carroll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 12:18:50 +0000

Kinsale Nets (Web Development) Company.
The Ramparts
Kinsale
Co.Cork

Dear Sir/Madam,

     We are a web design and hosting company in Ireland. We represent
     over 100 clients and over 200 registered domains.

     We are extremely worried and disappointed by the above Verisign/ICANN
     settlement proposal for the following reasons...
      o It allows Verisign to become a monopoly
      o It allows Verisign act without having to improve it's
      business.
      o It is uncompetetive.
      o It adds unnecessary costs to our business and our clients
      o The annual price increase will add to our workload
      o It brings the Internet into disrepute.
      o It curtails the democracy of the open Internet.

     In summary, we consider the proposal to be devisive, against the
     open principles of the Internet, inflationary and repugnant to
     all who prompote business and information exchange over the
     Internet.

Kind Regards,
Carroll O'Donoghue

 Ríomhphost/e-mail: mailto:Carroll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx