ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

I support the ICANN/Verisign settlement - Don't let the UN handle the Internet!

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I support the ICANN/Verisign settlement - Don't let the UN handle the Internet!
  • From: "Sam Patterson" <Samp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:31:56 -0500

How the Internet operates seems to be getting a lot of attention these
days. I read in the news the other day that other countries want to
control the Internet, or want to wrestle control of the internet away
from the United States. Perhaps it's just me, but why is there a big
fight over ICANN when the big threat is Kofi Annan hiring a Communist
Party official from China to lead the Internet Regulation Task Force?

I don't want the Internet to fall into the hands of the UN. Let's keep
our eyes on the ball folks and stop squabbling over ICANN and Verisign.

Sincerely,

Sam Patterson, CEO

ComponentSource