ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Proposed Settlement

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Proposed Settlement
  • From: "AdviHost" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:31:42 -0500 (EST)

Dear Icann,

Allthough I know you have made your mind up, We in the domain industry
know we do not have a voice and our opinions will not be considered. What
you have done is simply a thing to make Icann look to be understanding and
listen to the public. I will be really suprised if this is actually read,
Im writing this to support myself, my businesses and my fellow domainers.

Anybody can obviously see how this benefits Icann and verisign, Verisign
will be allowed to raise the registration costs and Icann will be allowed
raise their fees. I was just wondering one small thing, how does this
benefit us, the owners of millions of domains, Increased registration
costs, Registrar fees which will mean loss of customers for many of them.
If you really wanted to see what people think about this I reccomend you
read the three most popular domain forums: dnforum.com namepros.com
domainstate.com

I wouldnt be suprised if this was all a setup scam to monopolize on the
growing number of domains being registered, I wouldnt be suprised if fees
on renewals doubled and people were charged for dropping domains. This
needs to stop and the people of the industry need a voice, Icann and
Verisign, you are both as corrupt as eachother and I really hope
everything backfires on both of you and another organisation takes control
of domains.

Thankyou,
Paul Rogers