ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[sg-petitions-charters]

Approve the NCSG Charter Proposal submitted by NCUC

  • To: <sg-petitions-charters@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Approve the NCSG Charter Proposal submitted by NCUC
  • From: "Ginger Paque" <gpaque@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:56:05 -0430

Because I cannot state it any better, I reiterate the email support posted
by Graciela Selaimen:

Dear ICANN Board:

Please support the NCSG Charter Proposal submitted by the Noncommercial User
Constituency.

Most importantly, the proposal integrates all policy deliberation and voting
of the NCSG into a unified structure. By doing so, the proposed structure:

. Ensures that whoever represents noncommercial stakeholders on the GNSO
Council has support across all constituencies.
. Supports the formation of consensus positions on policy taken by the NCSG,
not allowing individual constituencies to control specific GNSO Council
seats and votes.
. Enhances representation by lowering barriers to participation and the
formation of constituencies, allowing a far more diverse set of interests
and coalitions to easily form.

Regards

Ginger Paque (in my personal capacity

Ms. Virginia (Ginger) Paque