ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Some comments about MAPO

  • To: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Some comments about MAPO
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:05:16 +0200

I agree. I also agree with Oliver's well stated points, and in particular with
the fact that we should stop considering that the new gTLD program is like a
beach where we need to check every single grain of sand to ensure all are of an
acceptable size and colour.

Any new attempt to visit a potential issue at this late stage of the process
can be viewed as a delaying tactic. We should just get on with it instead of
trying, for example, trying to work out MOPO exception lists that no-one else
in the world, in all areas of human activity, would be foolish enough to
attempt.

Stéphane