ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] GAC Invititation

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] GAC Invititation
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:23:33 -0400

On 22 July 2010 18:48, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well if your group is by invitation only to keep it small, then i think
> that this group can hardly be called NIH.  Perhaps but it is a place for the
> uninvited to discuss the issue.

Where did you see "by invite only"?

Please don't speculate about this. There's already enough wild speculation
going on here, mainly guesswork trying to read the GAC's mind without
actually asking.

I apologize for the mistake -- until today -- of believing this list had
been planned in co-ordination with ALAC and GAC. Now I see that Chuck's
"invitation"is actually the first real notice going to any AC of this list's
existence, and nobody here was aware of the fact that other ICANN
stakeholders have already started to talk. Who's fault is that? I wouldn't
be here myself had it not been for a personal email, and I had to ask to be
let in.

The size issue is meant to keep the group small and fast-moving (and I think
the contracted parties here would agree that speed of resolution is an
issue). There is no intention (of which I'm aware) to close its processes or
conclusions to opinion or scrutiny.

Please don't read more into things than exist.

- Evan