ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] RE: Initial Draft ToR for Recommendation 6 Implementation Discussion

  • To: <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] RE: Initial Draft ToR for Recommendation 6 Implementation Discussion
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 19:05:32 -0400

I support Milton's edits, and most of Robin's. I did make a few suggested
changes here and there... . see mark up attached. Comments about my changes:
I think that the Rules of Engagement should stay as is, without enhancement.
And I find the use of  "terms", versus standards clearer. One gets into
arguments about whose standards; which standards, rather quickly.
And, for consistency, let's stick with the 'purpose' is... rather than
modifying it with 'primary'. Otherwise, we willhave to identify other purposes,
and I think there is only one purpose:  to provide guidance to the new gTLD
Implementation Team and the ICANN Board with regard to theimplementation of
Rec. 6 for new gTLDs. ...
I support Robin's addition of "while protecting internationally recognized
freedom of expression rights".
Marilyn Cade