ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] Please participate - Poll on updated recommendations

  • To: "Marika Konings" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, "soac-mapo" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] Please participate - Poll on updated recommendations
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:53:59 -0400

I have concerns about the poll results so far on the following:

"Recommendation 2.2: If individual governments have objections based on
contradiction with specific national laws, such objections should be
submitted through the Community Objections procedure?"

It was my impression that this was a very important point for
governments and I believe that AGv4 allows it anyway.  For those that
oppose this, is it because you don't think it should be stated by this
group or do you think that the guidebook should be changed to not allow
this?  If the latter, I think that may be a problem in terms of getting
support of government members of our group.

Chuck