ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Update- Rec6 Action Item URGENT input from CWG is required by January 7th 2011.

  • To: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Update- Rec6 Action Item URGENT input from CWG is required by January 7th 2011.
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 20:51:07 -0500

I disagree thoroughly. The IO is integral to many of the objections to the
status quo. Glossing over them at this point does not address such this
fundamental problem and leaves it to fester.

Part of the reason we are here, dealing with this core issue so late in the
TLD process, is because of previous tendencies to sweep contentious issues
under the rug in the name of expediency, hoping that in the future they'll
be forgotten or just bullied past. I prefer to learn from mistakes rather
than repeat them.

This issue will not magically just go away through one more deferment.

- Evan