ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] charter language

  • To: Elaine Pruis <elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] charter language
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 18:43:45 -0400

On 10 May 2010 18:35, Elaine Pruis <elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you saying objective 2 is to reduce the fees for all?

If the goal is making (some) TLDs more financially accessible, dropping all
prices accomplishes the task too (so long as it maintains the policy of cost
recovery),

I could see how a party with multiple applications might cost ICANN less,
> for example, one technical review, but it seems a "Disadvantaged" applicant
> will require more resources and assistance. I guess that is what you mean
> below?

I'm not trying to make conclusions before we even start. I'm just tossing
out perspectives I have heard. None of them have been fleshed out or vetted,
and they may be fully rejected over the course of the group's function. I'm
just demonstrating how they're within scope to research and evaluate.

- Evan