ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] charter language

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] charter language
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:55:25 -0700

Tony,

I was looking at it the same way as Avri (per below),  but from your recent
note it's clear what you're saying.

I think we're on the same page.  We're looking at ways to potentially reduce
fees based on a logical analysis of actual costs for a type of applicant/
string

PLUS

We're looking at ways to subsidize,  rather than reduce,  fees for those same
applicants.       (note:   if such subsidization was to come from ICANN I think
it could only come from any funds that were surplus after the first round was
complete   (i.e.  funds from applicant fees + funds from any auctions -  actual
costs)

RT

PS.   ......I also agree with Avri that we need more criteria for qualifying
applicants than non-profit status.   there are many non-profits with millions
of dollars in net assets