ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] WT 1 Fees-lower up front fee

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] WT 1 Fees-lower up front fee
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 10:36:20 -0700

An argument that some parties may use against this will be the same argument
used against the Expression of Interest proposal  ---   that only requiring a
portion of the fees up front will encourage speculative applications.    This
was discussed at some length in Nairobi and there were a lot of concerns
expressed about the  'gaming' possibility.

Our solution to this is limiting the phased fee approach to only our applicants.

RT