Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] CoCCA

• To: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] CoCCA
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 08:27:27 -0700

HI Richard,

On May 24, 2010, at 7:03 AM, Richard Tindal wrote:

Elaine,

Two more questions for CoCCA:

I will ask these question of the directors to be sure we have completely accurate answers, but here are my best guesses:

1. Do they see anything in the DAG Technical Evaluation Criteria -- http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/draft-evaluation-criteria-clean-04oct09-en.pdf -- that would prevent them from achieving a passing score of 22 points?

CoCCA is currently building out to meet the criteria for the Technical Evaluation. Most of the development is on a per-need basis, i.e., a ccTLD administrator requests an added function. The one remaining piece to be finished (a majority of the work is done) I am aware of is the completion of DNSSEC testing, as most small ccTLDs have not voiced a strong demand for DNSSEC deployment.

2. Would they be willing to assist our applicants in writing their technical proposals? (noting that if they were assisting multiple applicants in our Category they would essentially be writing the same technical proposal multiple times)

RT

CoCCA provides technical registry services and a policy framework. There are no full-time employees, everyone is hired on a consulting basis. Writing the technical proposal would be an added function of the organization.

I'll forward any responses from the Directors as soon as received.

Best

Elaine

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy