ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG call 13 July - follow up

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG call 13 July - follow up
  • From: Olof Nordling <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:00:25 -0700

Dear all,
Please find some actions points below, following today's conference call:

1. There was agreement to structure the report largely as proposed by Avri
(email attached for reference). Staff to pursue drafting of the admin pieces
(the "upper and lower buns of the hamburger", as it were). WT1 and WT2 to
pursue adding details as far as possible to their substance pieces (the "meat
and condiments of the hamburger"), in view of the limited time frame to the
deadline of 13 August.

2. Andrew (et al) provided an additional WT2 Q&A text for the call as a basis
for discussion. Just got an email from him that he is updating it somewhat
after the call and will provide it to the list when done, for further
discussions on the list.

3. Work in WT1 and WT2 to be pursued on the list (emphasis added by the
co-chairs during the call...). Aspects identified during the call for potential
further work include:
- refinements/details for existing snapshot texts
- criteria and guidance for vetting of eligible applicants
- further considerations of AfriICANN document proposals

4. The possibility to do drafting on the Wiki has been enhanced by the addition
of two drafting areas on the Wiki named "WT1 - working text" and "WT2 - working
text" (with Andrew's current Q&A text pasted), both linked from our Wiki first
page  (thanks to Avri for that!)

5. For good measure, please check that you can access the Wiki at:
https://st.icann.org/so-ac-new-gtld-wg/index.cgi - and please tell me and
Gisela if it doesn't work!

Very best regards
Olof