ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Some comments/questions for our call

  • To: Andrew Mack <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Some comments/questions for our call
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 11:48:17 -0400

I've sent a note to the staff on the subject so I'll just make this a brief
mention on the list.

The IPv6 requirement is no longer mandatory in DAGv4, so as a cost and
complexity item, it is now at the discretion of the applicant.

The DNSSEC requirement present in DAGv4 is uncosted, and the benefit to
registrants is dependent upon a necessity for provable correctness of
resolution which is inobvious for registrants not using the zone for
frequent value transactions.

The DNSSEC requirement cost and necessity are assumptions that could be
treated by this group as transparent, rather than opaque, and accountable
rather than assumed.

Eric