ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] First thought on issue to be deferred until after the current report.

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] First thought on issue to be deferred until after the current report.
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 08:46:56 -0400

Hi,

One of m,y tasks from last week, that I am only getting to this morning was to
begin work on a list of tasks that would be held over until after the
completion, and perhaps approval, of our current efforts.  due to a heavy load
of paying work I had to complete last week, I did not get very far, but am
offering the following short list as my first take on such a list of work items
that I would recommended be deferred.  I am sure there are others.

But I wanted to get the ball rolling on this task.  Future work includes
writing a more extended version of this for the report and giving initial
recommendations for how the work would be done.

The starter list:

1. Definition of mechanisms, e.g. an external review committee operating under
a set of guidelines, for determining whether an application for special
consideration is to be granted such and what sort of help should be offered

2. Establishing relationship with any donor(s) who may be able to help in first
round with funding

3. Establishing framework for managing any auction proceeds for future rounds
and ongoing assistance

4. Methods for coordinating the assistance, and discussion on the extent of
such coordination, to be given by the ISP; e.g. brokering the relationships,
reviewing the operational quality of the relationship.

a.