ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] feedback on the recommendations for board summary - can we clarify?

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "evan@xxxxxxxxx" <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] feedback on the recommendations for board summary - can we clarify?
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 11:42:59 -0700

Dear Avri, Evan:

I briefly discussed with some new gTLD team members our WG draft final proposal
and the fact that we want to present a summary of the recommendations to the
Board for the September retreat.  Below is some feedback I would like to share
with you. I suggest that we, at least for the Board September summary and next
steps section of the Final Proposal, we could be clearer about the following:

*         In terms of the group's outcome, it is hard to tell what is being
recommended.  For example in A, application fee aspects, is the WG suggesting
that ICANN should make all of those adjustments or  simply pick one?

*         Similarly in B, is the WG suggesting that ICANN should provide all of
those means of support or is it meant more as a menu?

*         Is this expected to be implemented for the first round?

*         Does the WG expect any modification to the Draft Applicant Guidebook
to incorporate these proposals?

*         Will the final proposal go through public comments again?

Thank you,

Karla