ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] TR: bundling

  • To: Andrew Mack <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] TR: bundling
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 14:15:12 -0700

Understood.    Let me propose this.

Let's include language that says "the bundling discount should not apply to
corporate applicants who clearly have sufficient funds to pay the regular
application fee".

If we don't add that language the main beneficiaries  of the rule will be large
corporations who want to extend their brand into new markets.

I have no problem with Verisign or IBM applying for the Hindi version of their
brand. I just think it is unfair if they pay $90k (say) for their Hindi TLD and
some  local applicant who wants to compete with Verisign or IBM pays $185k for
a different Hindi string (let's say the local guy applies for the Hindi version
of WEB)

RT

Sent from my iPhone