ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] draft summary for Board retreat - Applicant Support JAS WG

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "evan@xxxxxxxxx" <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] draft summary for Board retreat - Applicant Support JAS WG
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 19:38:46 -0700

Dear Chairs, WG:

The Board' special New gTLD Program retreat deadline for the materials has been
extended to September 10.

Staff has a standard template used to present the topics. I made a draft
summary using the standard format,  attached for your consideration.

I would appreciate if you could review this document during the next week's
calls and if possible, to address the following clarifications questions asked
earlier:

1.       In terms of the group's outcome, it is hard to tell what is being
recommended.  For example in A, application fee aspects, is the WG suggesting
that ICANN should make all of those adjustments or  simply pick one?

2.       Similarly in B, is the WG suggesting that ICANN should provide all of
those means of support or is it meant more as a menu?

3.       Is this expected to be implemented for the first round?

4.       Does the WG expect any modification to the Draft Applicant Guidebook
to incorporate these proposals?

5.       Will the final proposal go through public comments again?

6.       Is there any action needed from the Board at this point?

7.       What are the next steps for this initiative?

As I mentioned earlier, I will be on vacation next week. When I come back, I
will listen to all mp3 recordings,  review the e-mails, make the updates. I
will try to join the WG calls, but I am not certain about the kind of
connectivity I will  be able to get.

Thank you all and have a nice week!

Karla