ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] On Vertical Integration

  • To: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] On Vertical Integration
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 12:12:47 -0400

Michele,

If there was one correct view of the status of the VI WG I'm sure you'd have offered it.

Could you confirm that the FreeTrade policy advocates (yourself, Volker, Jean-Christophe and Stephene, support an exception to any Vertical Separation requirement, where this exception is limited to applicants meeting the SOAC's definition of "qualified" and to no other applicants whatsoever?

I'm trying to determine if your support for an exception for qualified applicants is unconditional, or if your support, if any, is conditional on the exception being available to one or more applicants which are not "qualified" in the sense of this WG.

Amicably,
Eric