ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] RE: GAC Comments on new GTLDs and DAGv4

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] RE: GAC Comments on new GTLDs and DAGv4
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:46:37 -0400

The final paras of this letter are relevant to our work.

"The GAC reiterates its strong belief that the new gTLD process should meet the global public interest in promoting a fully inclusive and diverse Internet community and infrastructure, consistent with the Affirmation of Commitments. The GAC therefore urges ICANN to set technical and other requirements, including cost considerations, at a reasonable and proportionate level in order not to exclude stakeholders from developing countries from participating in the new gTLD process."

I'd like to revisit with Karla the IPv6 and DNSSEC technical requirements, and the estimated value, currency form, access criteria, operations during, and recovery criteria for the continuity instrument.

Eric