ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Board resolution during retreat regarding Applicant Support

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Board resolution during retreat regarding Applicant Support
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:46:14 -0400

Hi,

I see absolutely no reason to make that assumption.  This group has been
chartered by the ALAC and the GNSO council and there is every reason to believe
we will continue to receive support to complete our work.  Of course our
liaisons can correct me if I am wrong.

And even in the worst case about the Board's response, they would, I am
positive, support the work for the future rounds.

In the meantime, I do not assume that the Board's decisions are immutable. By
projecting a new DAG in Cartagena, we can now be fairly certain that it will be
a new Board that will approve the final AG sometime in 2011.  There is no
reason to quit trying.

a.