ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Financial instrument

  • To: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>, "'SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx'" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Financial instrument
  • From: "Anthony Harris" <harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 14:31:26 -0300

This sounds like a reasonable approach.

Tony Harris
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tijani BEN JEMAA
  To: 'SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx' ; 'Avri Doria'
  Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 2:11 PM
  Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Financial instrument

  Avri and all,

  As promised, here is my language proposal regarding the Financial Instrument:

  While registrant protection is critical and critical registry functions must
be sustained for an extended period of time in the event of registry failure,
the WG considers the financial instrument obligation as a huge barrier for the
needy applicants. It recommends to reduce the security period for the financial
instrument from 3 years to 6 months, which is the double of the prevision of
the ICANN gTLD Registry Failover Plan (15 June 2008).

  NB:  Richard proposed 12 months

  Tijani BEN JEMAA

  Directeur exécutif

  Fédération Méditerranéenne des Associations d'Internet

  Phone : + 216 70 825 231

  Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

  Fax     : + 216 70 825 231