ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Financial instrument

  • To: "'SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx'" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Financial instrument
  • From: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 18:11:16 +0100

Avri and all,

As promised, here is my language proposal regarding the Financial
Instrument:

While registrant protection is critical and critical registry functions must
be sustained for an extended period of time in the event of registry
failure, the WG considers the financial instrument obligation as a huge
barrier for the needy applicants. It recommends to reduce the security
period for the financial instrument from 3 years to 6 months, which is the
double of the prevision of the ICANN gTLD Registry Failover Plan (15 June
2008).

NB:  Richard proposed 12 months

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Directeur exécutif

Fédération Méditerranéenne des Associations d'Internet

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231

  _____