ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG Chat room Sept 28

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG Chat room Sept 28
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 06:21:57 -0700

Karla Valente 2: Dear all, welcome to the September 28 JAS WG
CLO: Hi all
avri: Karla, can you promote me in adobe
CLO: She stepped waway fpr a moment Avri...
Tijani BEN JEMAA: Hi feveryone
Tijani BEN JEMAA: Gisella, can you make Adigo call me now
Tijani BEN JEMAA: I'm azvailable
Dave Kissoondoyal: Hi all
Alan: DOI: I am very interested in how we are going to respond to the Board
resolution.
Eric Brunner-Williams: we will take up the soi per wg vs soi per volunteer
issue in the osc ops wg
Gisella Gruber-White: Andrew Mack has joined the call and I have muted Carlos'
line as very noisy
Evan Leibovitch: I can scroll both docs now. thx
Eric Brunner-Williams: avri: how does the ''outreach'' differ from the general
plan of record?
Evan Leibovitch: @eric: in that context, ''outreach''could be little more than
a publicity campaign promoting TLD availability in developing economies
Eric Brunner-Williams 2: @evan: icann has a paid media budget, there must be a
monitary delta from that paid media budget to be specific to developing
countries
Dave Kissoondoyal: I do support Evan's request
Karla Valente 2: Evan and all: I requested the documents from Kurt yesterday. I
will follow up today,
Dave Kissoondoyal: In addition to Evan's request, perhaps the group can make a
formal request at the same time supporting that of Evan
Eric Brunner-Williams 2: @CLO: the question i'd like to ask heather is will the
GAC form a ''SOAC'' group, since they share our perspective, and the Board does
not.
CLO: Noted @Eric
Evan Leibovitch: not mangled .... *massaged*
Andrew Mack: lots of echo on the line now
CLO: Board has resloved  (told the ATRT and since has published) the Board Book
for their meetings  so specifically formally in writing, asking for this
document from the retreat meeting might also help us ''understand'' more...
Dave Kissoondoyal: Support to applicants in terms of outreach and education
will not be enough to encourage participation across all regions, especially
those of the developing regions; unless there is financial support from within
ICANN. The possibility that sources outside ICANN finance (especially in
developing regions) is implausible
Eric Brunner-Williams 2: @avri: good point, deferred expense is a win for the
low cap registry operator
Eric Brunner-Williams 2: could we have a bigger scroll?
Alan: Bigger scroll????  The scroll has disappeard from the resolution window.
Eric Brunner-Williams 2: bigger chat window
Eric Brunner-Williams 2: whip count
Karla Valente 2: I tried to increase the chat room window.
Eric Brunner-Williams 2: thanks!
Dave Kissoondoyal: thanks Karla
Eric Brunner-Williams 2: CLO: board book
Andrew Mack: slightly bigge Karla
Andrew Mack: bigger
Eric Brunner-Williams 2: EBW: whip count
CLO: Thanks Avri   & Evan  Thanks all  => got to go open the ALAC meeting call
now this has been good timing  though to inform the JAS  section of that
Agenda...
CLO: Bye
Dave Kissoondoyal: Thanks Avri and bye to all
avri: thank you all