ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Updated draft for 1 October meeting

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Updated draft for 1 October meeting
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:01:04 -0400

Hi,

I found my will to work again and finished the update pass of the draft.

In addition to reorganization to hopefully correct the flow of the document, I
added:

- my first estimations of the consensus level of the various decisions.  they
are most all in brackets - so are provisional.  Beyond that on some where I
felt insecure on even taking a guess, there are several choices in those
brackets.

- have added the section on explanation.  I actually cast it as a frequently
asked question section.  I added a few questions, but by no means all, and I
answered one.

In terms of tomorrow's meeting I suggest we start to walk through this document.

I would like to ask my co-chair to chair the walk through, so that as the
person currently holding the pen on this document I can both respond to issues
and make changes as necessary. Also since I made the first approximation on the
consensus level without consulting him, that leave him free to tell me i am
completely wrong in my estimation (not that he isn't anyway).

I would like to ask Karla to take notes on the issues and to track the
discussions with the comments we may have made to community comments, so that
that document can be brought up to the same status as the final recommendation
in faster order.  I propose keeping the pen on the Final Doc until we have
essentially finished on the substance, and then I will turn it back to Karla
for that special final polish that staff gives to final documents.

I have enclosed two copies o the doc; one with all the changes still note
accepted, and clean copy.  I apologize for not having gotten these out days
ago, but it took me a few days after the shock ot the Board's dismissal to find
a slot to do the work.  At least it is not the very last minute.

finally I would really lke to aim for finishing te work in the next two week.
I have two reasona for this:
1. it is time
2. on the 16th i start wandering around Europe again on various speaking
engagements and project meetings and become somewhat unavailable, at least in
terms of being on a phone at an appointed time or doing extended bits of work
on schedule.

a.