ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Consensus survey

  • To: Elaine Pruis <elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Consensus survey
  • From: Andrew Mack <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:56:04 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Elaine about the comments.

I also had some real confusion about some of the terms used in some questions,
specifically:

- in Question 6, when the poll says "the other criteria" are you talking about
items a-e that are mentioned in the document?  I assume so, but would like to
know.

- in Question 8, when the poll says "Given that Registrars may not be open to
this specific proposal  (voluntary contributions to a development fund), it
should not be  included in the JAS report"  what are we asking?  I assume that
if you want the voluntary contributions to be included you would vote
"disagree", but it was unclear.

- in Question 13, have we defined a "marketing-oriented gTLD" anywhere?  I
didn't remember discussion using this term.

- in Question 14, again this is one where we can simplify the language I think.

I believe you are asking if there should be an exception to the rule that
recommends against support for entities that mostly/completely government
sponsored.  Is this what we are asking?  If so, can we re-frame the question?

Appreciate getting greater clarity.
Thanks, Andrew

Andrew A. Mack
Principal