ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat room JAS WG October 22

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat room JAS WG October 22
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 05:35:51 -0700

Karla Valente: Welcome to JAS WG October 22 Call.
Avri Doria: Apologies for my voice.  I am in the first 2 days of an incredibly
bad cold.
Dave Kissoondoyal: Hi All
Carlos Aguirre: do we have two proposals? could you clarify ? I can't hear
well,  the sound in my line is bad
Avri Doria: The fact that the poll trumps, does not mean the conversation after
the poll, can't go beyond the poll.
Andrew Mack: I don't think the poll trumps.  Its just one data point, and let's
us it as such.l
Evan Leibovitch: sorry alan, accidentally lowerred yoiur hand
Dave Kissoondoyal: I don't think anyone in the group has any hidden agenda. I
join Sebastian to give due credit to the co-chairs for the tremendous work done
by the co-chairs and the group
Avri Doria: thank you Alan.
Andrew Mack: agreed Alan, let's work it out
Avri Doria: thankk you all who don't think we have an agenda other then trying
to find out what the viewpoint of the group is.  I used to care about the
issues per se, now i just care about getting the right result based on the
group's collective viewpoint.
Karla Valente: Avri, are you capturing the changes or do you want me to do it?
Alan: wHAT LINE NO??
Eric Brunner-Williams: 304
Carlos Aguirre: 302-308
Rafik: whcih line?
Dave Kissoondoyal: 314 - 316
Rafik: democracy dear Alan ;)
Eric Brunner-Williams: but what about the slovens???
Andrew Mack: I think Tijani's response is likely right -- the question doesn't
reflect the dialogue.
Andrew Mack: We don't know the number of candidates.
Dave Kissoondoyal: I think that we cannot discriminate entrepreneurs only on
which regions/economies they come from; I think entrepreneurs should
exceptionally be qualified for support if they come from developing
regions/economies but also promotes IDNs in those regions
Alan: I point out that any major support $ are going to come from external
entities that will have their OWN rules anyway.
Carlos Aguirre: I totally agree with you Alan
Dave Kissoondoyal: is the wording ''Brand gTLDS'' clear enough? has it been
defined somewhere?
Eric Brunner-Williams: @dave, if you'd like you can use the language the
intellectual property consitituency used to advocate a brand regsitry
Dave Kissoondoyal: thanks Eric
Dave Kissoondoyal: Thanks all and bye

Karla Valente
Product/Services Director