ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat room JAS WG October 26

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat room JAS WG October 26
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 07:01:32 -0700

Karla Valente: Dear all, welcome to the October 26 JAS WG
Karla Valente: The uploaded version was sent by Avri incorporating Tijani and
Sebastien's suggestions.
Dave Kissoondoyal: Hello all
CLO: Hi all I've had lots of issues  with staying connected to AC rooms
earllier today :-(  this took ages to load  but I can but try,,,
CLO: Karla  can we have scroll control on the pod with the docu,ent in it
please...
Karla Valente: CLO: trying...
CLO: ahh  thanks it happened for a brief moment  then dissapeared :-)
Karla Valente: GlenDo you know how to give all scroll control?
Avri Doria: is it ok now?
CLO: yes  thanks
Karla Valente: thanks
Dave Kissoondoyal: thanks a lot
Avri Doria: sorry i can't be on the call, becasue i really need to be in this
research project meeting, but will answer and questions on adobe, if necessary.
Avri Doria: ... answer any questions ...
CLO: thanks and noted....
Karla Valente: thank you, Avri
C: the Tijanis proposal is in blue? rignt?
CLO: yes
C: thamks
CLO: I agree woth AG  1st paragraph seems OK  to me and I also do not know
what the little symbol next to my name is  in the AC room it is not changed
with clear status
Dave Kissoondoyal: I agree to keep the first part of the paragraph
C: In my point of view we agreed in eliminate the fixed cost of 100000 for New
gTLD applicant, till further investigations be made
Baudouin Schombé: I would also need to be investigated first
Evan Leibovitch: There is consensus that the $100,000 base cost be reviewed in
order to determine if any cost reductions could be made available to suitabke
applicantgs in need
Dave Kissoondoyal: agree
C: yes, that means : we recomend eliminate from now..... till investigations be
made
C: carlos
Karla Valente: Evan: I am capturing the changes and will send the updated
document today.
Avri Doria: thank you Karla.
Sébastien: sorry drop off
Sébastien: hard tonight from my hotel in Tokyo
Sébastien: I call back
Sébastien: GO ahead please
Sébastien: still waiting they answer ;)
Sébastien: I am back
Alan: THe $26,000 is not a part of the implementation budget but rather a
repayment to reserve.
Alan: ...repayment to reserve of previously budgeted funds
Eric Brunner-Williams: hello all
C: Agree with Tijani
Evan Leibovitch: hi eric. are you on the call?
Eric Brunner-Williams: yes
Dave Kissoondoyal: i am fine
Sébastien: again drop off :(
Elaine Pruis: which line are we on?
Eric Brunner-Williams 2: 404
Eric Brunner-Williams 2: +/-
Elaine Pruis: ''in the group that applicants proposing a .brand TLD'' should
not be included
CLO: I have to drop off  now  the  ALAC  call is starting to dial out to me now
CLO: BUT  I support the minority view being added into the text
Baudouin Schombé: I remain stuck in Chapter 2.8. e
Evan Leibovitch: Should a ''Brand TLD''category of application be defined by a
fututre applicant process, such ''Brand TLDs''should be excluded from support.
Evan Leibovitch: Should a ''Brand TLD''category be defined by a fututre
applicant process, such ''Brand TLDs''should be excluded from support.
CLO: I'm still in the AC room here  but have gone onto the ALAC  call which
starts at thre top of the hour... Hint HINT
Baudouin Schombé: with regard to Chapter 2.4 I agree to reducing the period of
3 years to 6 months is reasonable (12 months is acceptable).
Alan: GOing to ALAC as well.
Karla Valente: Evan,   so we include the sentence you proposed...could you
please clarify all changes?
C: orry I must to leave now. bye to all
Dave Kissoondoyal: thanks Evan and ALL

Karla Valente