ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG - Next steps and few clarifications - PLEASE REVIEW AND CONFIRM

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG - Next steps and few clarifications - PLEASE REVIEW AND CONFIRM
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:14:33 -0700

Dear Evan, Avri,

Here is my understanding about the next steps regarding our JAS WG work. Please
let me know if I have missed anything.

Overall publication plan:

1.       Tuesday - we will finalize the report and have it ready for
publication. This report will be posted for public comments  following an
announcement.

a.       I am finalizing the glossary today

b.      I have made changes to version 2.20 based on our discussion on Friday

c.       I am also drafting an announcement - plain English, Q&A style to make
it easy for the press to understand

d.      Once approved by all of you, I will submit  the final milestone report
and announcement to translations (French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic and Chinese).

2.       We need to keep in mind that we will publish all in English and it
will take few weeks for the translations to be ready. As this is for public
comment, it would be unfair to have a short period for the additional
languages. Here is the public comment period I recommend:

a.       Starting date English version - November 5

b.      Starting date additional languages - November 19? (I am making a guess
here and cannot garantee, there is a high number of docs being translated at
this time....)

c.       Closing date for both fora - January 4?

I WILL SEND YOU THE  MILESTONE REPORT BY THE END OF THE DAY.

Clarifications

*         Regarding policy staff - The policy staff have been getting an update
on where we are with the work. They are aware we have a publication for public
comment coming up soon. I will be happy to pass on the report and any other
message to them.

*         Regarding Applicant Guidebook - as I mentioned on Friday, we need to
publish the AGB by the end of this week. I am not clear what additional
information from this initiative is suppose to be there. Is the intent of the
WG to have a note saying there is an initiative to address needy applicants and
maybe point to the Wiki?

*         Some of you asked me about the new budget - US$200K for this
initiative. The detailed allocation of this $$ has not been discussed yet.

What we still need to do:

*         Final review of the Milestone Report

*         Agree on the glossary definitions - most are standard ICANN term, but
some we should agree upon. I will highlight the latter.

*         Finalize the Summary and Analysis of the Public Comments received on
the snap shot - this is to be published as part of the Addenda and separately.

*         I have reserved one hour for a session in Cartagena. We need to agree
on the structure and details. I have few ideas I would like to share. We need
to ensure we advertise this session and make it accessible.

Kind regards,

Karla Valente
Product/Services Director
Direct:  + 1 310 301 3878