ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] developing countries/nations - clarification on classification to be adopted and input on definition

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] developing countries/nations - clarification on classification to be adopted and input on definition
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 19:37:59 -0700

Hi Eric,

I like the G-77 list! Up to the team to decide.

Thanks,

Karla Valente
+1 310 936 4639

clarification on classification to be adopted and input on definition

Karla,

I propose we use the G-77 *. Alternatively, a Human Development Index
** threshold, such as .8 or .6.

Eric

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_of_77

** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index