ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] updated Milestone AND Addenda - based on JAS WG Nov 2 conference call

  • To: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] updated Milestone AND Addenda - based on JAS WG Nov 2 conference call
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 12:16:11 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for getting the updated final document out so quickly.

I made a pass through it before proceeding to the 48 hour last call.  I think
that the following need to be corrected before I initiate that call.  Unless
others find problems in 21-1 or in my recommended changes, I would like to
start the last call once Karla has had a chance to make the following changes.

The corrections and recommended changes that I noticed:

228:   Developing Nations/Countries; Emerging Markets/Nations/Countries

I think we agreed that through the document there would be only 2 terms of art
used:
- developing countries
- Emerging markets/nations

So this heading should read:  Developing countries; Emerging markets/nations.

and through the document those are the only terms that sould be used to refer
to this concept.
This affects lines: 234, 461/462, 625

229:  These terms are often use in this Report

replace 'use' with 'used'

230:  classification and it will accept a classification

replace 'it will accept'  with 'and recommends using'

232:   these organizations might update its classification

replace 'its' with 'their'

233:  acknowledges that agencies that if the future participate

replace 'if' with 'in'

234:  'developing nations/countries'  should be 'emerging markets/nations'

237:   The section is not numbered.  And somehow this throws of the number
later of section 3 at line 531.  Need to fix the numbering.

461/462:  'markets/developing countries'  should be 'emerging markets/nations'

614:  and, if case there is any reduction,

Replace 'if case' with 'in case'

625:  'developing/emerging country'  should be 'developing country'.

660/661:  yellow highlighting should be removed.

-----

Note about the 48 hour last call:

I recommend the following procedure.  During that time, if anyone spots a
substantive issue, the last call timer will halt until the issue has been fixed
and then will resume.  If there is less that 24 hours left to the last call
timer at the point of a halt, the last timer will be set to 24 hours so that
everyone has some daytime in which to review the last changes.

-----

I recommend that everyone review the addenda and send comments to the list.  We
will put this on the agenda for the Friday meeting, but it would be good if we
did not spedn the entire meeting on that document.

Thanks again,

a.