ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Agenda for 9 Nov

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Agenda for 9 Nov
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 15:50:54 -0500

Hi,

Thanks for trying.  I don't think you were alone.

I admit to having been confused as well, and if it wasn't for keeping a clock
on my computer set to UTC (actually to Reykjavik who are always UTC as I
understand it) I might have missed it too.  that and I had a meeting right
before it.

The main conversation, over half the meeting, involved the Cartagena schedule
and in Karla note of her action items you will find the main points, other than
that Evan and I and other who are interested will be finding times to report to
GNSO council and ALAc and that I am still requesting an audience with the GAC.

Also we decided that Rafik would try to get a motion in in time for next GNSO
meeting, even though the expectation is that a decision would not be taken on
the charter extension in that meeting.  We are working on the wording now and
will send it to the group as soon as it anneals.  This is with the
understanding that wording in motions can change between when originally made
and when they are voted on.

We discussed te announcement that Karla was working on and she explained that
it was an announcement of the release of the docs and not a pr-ss r-l-ase  (i
promised i would not call it that again, hence the careful non spelling).  she
will be posting the updated copy of the announcement later today.

The doodle poll is on about pain sharing and cutting down to one mtg per week
and if so which.

Finally we decided that we would _not_ meet this Friday.  Tuesday of next week
is on and we will discuss the motion and start orienting ourselves for the fun
to come.

While reporting I should also mention that both evan and I have spoken about
the renewal of the charter being a good time for the group, and for us, to
decide what to do about co-chairs.  Do we continue or not? I suggest that at
some point that needs to be on an agenda.

Also while the meetings are recorded, a brief summary like this seems like a
good idea.  But I would not want to commit the current co-chairs to having to
do it each time.  (-: Might be a good idea if we replace the co-chairs, though.
 Seriously, though, I think it is worth doing and maybe we can get a volunteer
for each meeting to do up something brief.

cheers,

a.