ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Cartagena event

  • To: <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Cartagena event
  • From: Tijani BEN JEMAA <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:36:59 +0100

Dear all,

I’m so sorry for my long absence (out of my control). I want to apologize for
not contributing in the last weeks work.
I also want to thank you all for the work done, especially Avri who did a huge
effort and put time and energy.

Because I was absent during the last weeks, and that I will not be able to
attend the 30 November call (travelling), I decided to write this e-mail to
give you my POV concerning the event that our Working Group intends to organize
in Cartagena:

•       I do think that we should avoid speaking for long, while we need to
inform about our work. I think it’s useless to read the whole report or even
the whole recommendations in detail. We need a short summary highlighting the
main recommendations (needs to be prepared and adopted before Cartagena).
•       I also think that we had better get the maximum of the floor feedback
•       We don’t need several speakers from the WG to present the summary. Only
one can do so.  For the reply to the floor questions, anyone from the WG that
knows the best the issue can answer. We will be all sitting in the front row of
the room.
•       I believe that those among the most active members who were sitting on
the panel in Brussels (I was one of them) should not do so in Cartagena. One of
the active members that wasn’t on the panel in Brussels is Alan Greenberg.  I
propose that he presents the summary and moderates the session.
•       The main objective of this event is to inform about our work and to
stimulate the floor feedback.

I hope my proposal will help our work to be well looked and to draw the maximum
of comments and questions from the community.

Tijani BEN JEMAA
Executive Director
Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations
Phone : + 216 70 825 231
Mobile : + 216 98 330 114
Fax     : + 216 70 825 231