ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Cartagena event

• To: tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Cartagena event
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:41:32 -0800

Thanks Tijani,

I agree we should maximize the opportunity to get feedback. It would be interesting for the summary of the milestone report to highlight any differences since our snapshot in June ( I think there are very few). Your idea to have members answer questions from the floor is great. Perhaps we can pose some questions for the audience to consider (items the WG has not reached consensus on, or ideas for funding sources).

Elaine

On Nov 24, 2010, at 1:36 AM, Tijani BEN JEMAA wrote:

Dear all,

I’m so sorry for my long absence (out of my control). I want to apologize for not contributing in the last weeks work. I also want to thank you all for the work done, especially Avri who did a huge effort and put time and energy.

Because I was absent during the last weeks, and that I will not be able to attend the 30 November call (travelling), I decided to write this e-mail to give you my POV concerning the event that our Working Group intends to organize in Cartagena:

• I do think that we should avoid speaking for long, while we need to inform about our work. I think it’s useless to read the whole report or even the whole recommendations in detail. We need a short summary highlighting the main recommendations (needs to be prepared and adopted before Cartagena). • I also think that we had better get the maximum of the floor feedback • We don’t need several speakers from the WG to present the summary. Only one can do so. For the reply to the floor questions, anyone from the WG that knows the best the issue can answer. We will be all sitting in the front row of the room. • I believe that those among the most active members who were sitting on the panel in Brussels (I was one of them) should not do so in Cartagena. One of the active members that wasn’t on the panel in Brussels is Alan Greenberg. I propose that he presents the summary and moderates the session. • The main objective of this event is to inform about our work and to stimulate the floor feedback.

I hope my proposal will help our work to be well looked and to draw the maximum of comments and questions from the community.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Tijani BEN JEMAA
Executive Director
Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations
Phone : + 216 70 825 231
Mobile : + 216 98 330 114
Fax     : + 216 70 825 231
------------------------------------------------------------------

Elaine Pruis
VP Client Services
elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+1 509 899 3161