ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS New gTLD Applicant Support WG Charter

  • To: JAS <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS New gTLD Applicant Support WG Charter
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:08:17 -0500

On 14 Jan 2011, at 01:28, Alex Gakuru wrote:

> Regarding what the ALAC does, it is a bit problematic. I also would like to
> see the group continue on the path addressing a variety of support
> methodologies. But I also see a real problem raising its head if one of the
> first multiple-SO/AC chartered groups cannot really be a joint operation. It
> does not bode well for future efforts.

I think the current attitude of the GNSO Council, indeed, does not bode well
for future efforts.
Or even for some past efforts.

What I am most concerned about at this point, contrary to my usual position of
being more a process geek than a specific policy advocate, is that we produce
some real assistance for applicants from developing economies.

a.