ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS New gTLD Applicant Support WG Charter

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS New gTLD Applicant Support WG Charter
  • From: Andrew Mack <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:42:51 -0800 (PST)

All,

I too am concerned that the Neuman draft is too limiting and was disappointed
that this became an issue.  I agree that taking all discussion of real money
off
the table overly limits our discussion and is unlikely to move us forward as
we'd like.  That said, it does seem that there should be some sort of
compromise
possible in the  wordsmithing, since as Alan says the GNSO version is mostly
contained in  the ALAC version.

As for what Eric says below, while there wasn't full consensus on what work
we'd
do to support minority languages and scripts, I didn't read our report as
saying
we shouldn't continue with the work.  As there are at least a few of us that
would like to continue this -- and since it affects so many people and clearly
has some GNSO support -- I would like to see us keep it on our list.

My apologies as I won't be able to be on the call tomorrow, but will be there
for the next one.
Regards, Andrew

Andrew A. Mack
Principal
AMGlobal Consulting

+1-202-642-6429  amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2001 Massachusetts Avenue, NW  First Floor
Washington, DC 20036
www.amglobal.com