ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: Substance, please?

  • To: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: Substance, please?
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 00:01:51 -0500

+ 10^100 = + Googol (cannot support it more than that! + Googolplex would be downright silly)

At 17/01/2011 11:56 PM, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
IMO, the most disappointing element of all this discussion is that it has taken complete focus off of the actual task of this working group. It's as if we've been struck with the same process-obsession that has struck the GNSO.

As I find myself with a doctor's appointment (scheduled before the holidays) that unfortunately conflicts with today's call, I must send my regrets. I hope to be in on at least part of it via mobile. I strongly encourage this group to re-focus on debating the substance of why it exists, and leave the remaining process circus to the chartering bodies.

As of right now, the JAS group has in its hands an ALAC endorsement of its propsed re-charter, and the GNSO approval of a subset of that. Very well. When this group produces its final product, the chartering orgs are welcome to cherry-pick which components they will consider sufficiently within scope to support.

In the meantime, we have a difficult job still ahead of us regardless of whose charter one looks at. We need to get on with it.

- Evan