ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG - Jan 28 2011

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG - Jan 28 2011
  • From: Elaine Pruis <elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:39:13 -0800

Sign me up for DEF

Elaine

On Jan 28, 2011, at 4:38 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

Hi,

I think my typos in the chat made a mess of it.

I think we agreed to

WT AB
WT CG
WT DEF
WT H
WT I

These are based on the Unionzed charter that was displayed during the meeting and which I understand will be sent to the list..

I accepted responsibly for WT CG which dealt with Fund Raising and Mechanisms for administering funds:

c) Propose and establish a framework, including a possible recommendation for a separate ICANN originated foundation, for managing any auction income, beyond costs for future rounds and ongoing
assistance;

g) In cooperation with ICANN Staff and donor experts propose and establish policies and practices for fundraising and for establishing links to possible donor agencies. This activity may include assisting in the establishment of initial relationships with any donor(s) who may be able to help in
first round with funding

I also volunteered to work on DEF, but believe that we need people with Registry experience to round that group out and am hoping that some of the knowledgeable who were in this group during its first chapter come join us in this second chapter.

d) Propose and establish methods for applicants to out assistance as well as for coordinating the assistance, and discussions on the extent of such coordination, to be given by Backend Registry Service Providers; e.g. brokering the relationships, reviewing the operational quality of the
relationship.

e) Propose and establish methods for coordinating any assistance volunteered by providers (including top-level domain consultants, translators, technicians, etc.) in the application for, and administration of, a new top-level domain; match services to qualified applicants; broker these relationships and
review the operational quality of the relationship.

f) Propose and establish methods for coordinating cooperation among qualified applicants, and
assistance volunteered by third parties.

a.