ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG - Jan 28 2011

• To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG - Jan 28 2011
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:39:13 -0800

Sign me up for DEF

Elaine

On Jan 28, 2011, at 4:38 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

Hi,

I think my typos in the chat made a mess of it.

I think we agreed to

WT AB
WT CG
WT DEF
WT H
WT I

These are based on the Unionzed charter that was displayed during the meeting and which I understand will be sent to the list..

I accepted responsibly for WT CG which dealt with Fund Raising and Mechanisms for administering funds:

c) Propose and establish a framework, including a possible recommendation for a separate ICANN originated foundation, for managing any auction income, beyond costs for future rounds and ongoing
assistance;

g) In cooperation with ICANN Staff and donor experts propose and establish policies and practices for fundraising and for establishing links to possible donor agencies. This activity may include assisting in the establishment of initial relationships with any donor(s) who may be able to help in
first round with funding

I also volunteered to work on DEF, but believe that we need people with Registry experience to round that group out and am hoping that some of the knowledgeable who were in this group during its first chapter come join us in this second chapter.

d) Propose and establish methods for applicants to out assistance as well as for coordinating the assistance, and discussions on the extent of such coordination, to be given by Backend Registry Service Providers; e.g. brokering the relationships, reviewing the operational quality of the
relationship.

e) Propose and establish methods for coordinating any assistance volunteered by providers (including top-level domain consultants, translators, technicians, etc.) in the application for, and administration of, a new top-level domain; match services to qualified applicants; broker these relationships and
review the operational quality of the relationship.

f) Propose and establish methods for coordinating cooperation among qualified applicants, and
assistance volunteered by third parties.

a.

On 28 Jan 2011, at 18:53, Tijani BEN JEMAA wrote:

Dear all,

As we decided today, 5 work teams were created:

• WT ab
        • WT eg
        • WT de
        • WT h
        • WT i

I would like to invite all those who want to work on the eligibility criteria for financial need and a method of demonstrating that need (WT ab) to please speak up so that we can quickly start together working. Here is the mission of this Work Team ab:

a) Propose and establish the criteria for financial need and a method of demonstrating that need. Financial need has been established as the primary criterion for support. The group should be augmented to have the necessary expertise to make a specific recommendation in this area, especially given the comparative economic conditions and the cross-cultural aspects of this requirement.

b) Propose and define mechanisms, e.g. a review committee that would need to be established operating under the set of guidelines established in the Milestone Report and those defined in objective (a) above, for determining whether an application for special consideration is to be granted and what sort of help should be offered.

We need all your forces and your copetencies.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Tijani BEN JEMAA
Executive Director
Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations
Phone : + 216 70 825 231
Mobile : + 216 98 330 114
Fax     : + 216 70 825 231
------------------------------------------------------------------

Elaine Pruis
VP Client Services
elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+1 509 899 3161