ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] fundraising and the donor community

  • To: "Andrew Mack" <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] fundraising and the donor community
  • From: "Anthony Harris" <harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:36:12 -0300

Andrew,

This is very enlightening information, and actually
confirms my impression as to potential donor
interest, which I pick up within the GKP environment
which includes a number of donor agencies.

With regards to reaching out to governments, that
is a good idea. For example, the following are donor
agencies related to national governments:

SIDA - Swedish International Development Cooperation
             Agency - www.sida.se
SDC - Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
            www.sdc.admin.ch

Both of these agencies have been very active since the
WSIS supporting ICT social inclusion initiatives in many
parts of the world. They tend to focus on certain specific
under-developed countries.

Hope this is useful

Tony