ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Milestone report update

  • To: <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Milestone report update
  • From: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 23:15:01 +0100

Dear all,

Since the GAC requested to include the governmantal applications from least
developing countries in the eligible categories for support, I propose to
modify the paragraph 2.9 (c) of the milestone report to read:

Purely Governmental or para-statal applicants except those coming from the
least developed countries (though applicants with some limited Government
support might be eligible for exception)

I also would like to make a small modification to the definition of
Developing Countries, Emerging Markets/Nations in the glossary in this way:

Developing Countries; Emerging Markets/Nations

These terms are often used in this Report. The WG has not adopted any
specific classification and recommends using a classification that is
internationally agreed upon, for example, G-77 or United Nations or World
Bank classifications. The WG notes that these organizations might update
their classifications from time to time. Also, the WG acknowledges that
agencies that in the future participate in the Support Development Program
as funding agencies might adopt their own developing countries and emerging
market/nations classification

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Directeur exécutif

Fédération Méditerranéenne des Associations d'Internet

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231

  _____