ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Regrets

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Regrets
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:13:02 -0400

Colleagues,

I've put a lot of time and effort into attempting find means to reduce the cost of the Continuity Operations Instrument (COI) to JAS qualified applicants. Most of this time and effort has been spent on the Temporary Drafting Group - Legal list (TDG-Legal), attempts to educate, to engage, alternate text for DAGv5 Question 50(a), with copies of significant communications to the JAS list.

I can see no utility, no interest in the COI, other than my own. It has been time spent without effect, therefore lacking purpose.

I proposed decomposing the fundamental "what does it cost" question into four baskets of capabilities: Base Fee Capability, Scheduled Fee Capability, Facilities Capability and Continuity Capability, and using the 2004 cost as a tool for a minimum Base Fee capability among applicants seeking support, and for costing the remaining capabilities.

This too has been time spent without effect, drawing only one question, and nothing subsequent.

I want to keep this note short, so those will suffice. No sub-list appears to involve my participation. My very best efforts to draw upon my abilities are ineffective.

I am ineffective as a contributor to JAS, and hope you will find a solution to the problem that a variety of circumstances, and agendas, have created.

Eric