ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Sorry I missed the call

  • To: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Sorry I missed the call
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:05:59 -0400

Hi JASers.

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting. Olivier and I were working on the ALAC
response to the GAC
Scorecard<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Response+to+the+GAC+gTLD+Scorecard>which
is being finalized for approval and distribution within the next few
days:

I want to draw your attention to "theme 3" of the statement, and
specifically its reference to Scorecard item #10 which directly relates to
the JAS work. Please let me know ASAP if you believe it contains any
inaccuracy or is unclearly stated. (Remember that the "we" in that statement
refers to ALAC, and not both chartering groups.)

Also, I think it would be helpful if the WIki page at
https://community.icann.org/display/jaswg/Criteria+for+Financial+Need+and+Metricsbe
clearly marked that it is a DRAFT, a work in progress, or some other
such
language clearly stating that the criteria issue is not yet fully cooked. It
is too easy to take the page as it currently exists and misconstrue that it
is a final statement. Heaven knows that's happen in many other areas in
which we work in a fishbowl and our working documents are as public as our
final ones. Just a suggestion.

- Evan