ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD Applicant Support March 25 2011

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD Applicant Support March 25 2011
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 07:05:56 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 7:03 AM
To: Karla Valente
Subject: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD
Applicant Support

  Eric Brunner-Williams:howdy all
  Cintra Sooknanan:Hello
  Cintra Sooknanan:Hi Karla, is it possible to call me on  1 868 6250428?
  Karla Valente:Dear all: welcome to the JAS WG Meeting - March 25 2011
  Karla Valente:@ cintra: will ask operator
  Cintra Sooknanan:thank you
  Cintra Sooknanan:I believe that line will be more stable than my mobilie
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hi, What is the conference id when I call in?
  Cintra Sooknanan:volume is very low on my end
  Cintra Sooknanan:do we have an agenda?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hi, what's the conference id when I call in to Adigo?
  Karla Valente:1.      Discussion of Report to go through chartering
organizations and then to Board – need to commit to a deadline.a. Agreed to
have report completed by 17 May2.     Process Discussion:  WG’s work is now
center of interest in many discussions, including Board-GAC consultations.
Have responsibility to provide some guidance.  Areas of immediate importance to
be completed in time for retreat:a) Group A/B – defining criteria to assess for
support; b) Process by which these will be determined.  Should leave this
meeting with grasp of what criteria should be and have framework for process.
Need to have more traffic on mailing list.  Suggest that Avri has pen on each
call, use wiki to outline, start building the document before writing.
  Elaine Pruis:ID is JAS
  Cintra Sooknanan:I agree with Andrew's suggestion to ensure we encapsulate
their definition of developing countries
  Cintra Sooknanan:to be included as needy applicants
  Cintra Sooknanan:rafik
  Cintra Sooknanan:I am not in the queue
  rafik:@cintra u still have your hand raised? u want to speak?
  Cintra Sooknanan::) no will lower, but thank you
  Andrew Mack:fair enough, not intending to leave it too open.  the idea was to
find out what they thought of as which kind of governments might qualify and
what the terms might be.  effectively what Elaine just said
  CLO:Poll the list  is OK  by me  but  DO remember our need for timely
outcomes PLEASE
  Cintra Sooknanan:I am happy to ask them questions and have them answer
  CLO:and  yes  do be politically sensatiive  YES  their will be a cost of
just saying  no
  Cintra Sooknanan:+1 to Alex
  Cintra Sooknanan:not an outright NO
  Cintra Sooknanan:let them provide feedback then evaluate
  Cintra Sooknanan:agreed!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:According to 2.4.2, in the DAG,  ICANN will be
selecting third party providers to provide the various reviews - one is the
Financial panel
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:perhaps that panel can handle the review for applicants
  Elaine Pruis:is there an ALAC call today?
  CLO:+1 to Alex  we are mixing  clearity in the criteria with implementation
and process
  Andrew Mack:agreed.  goal is to keep this as simple as possible
  Cintra Sooknanan:Rafik, do we know how far Avri got to in redifining the
criteria on the AB WG?
  Elaine Pruis:yes!!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh::-) I like flowcharts
  CLO:@Elaine there was an ALAC  ExCom  call (already completed)
  CLO:did NOT er  JAS matters
  CLO: Yes  Dev  your VERY good at flow charts :-)
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I can volunteer to draw up one
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I can work with someone, since this is my first call
  Cintra Sooknanan:Dev
  Cintra Sooknanan:I will be happy to work with you on this
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:great
  Cintra Sooknanan:Rafik, do we know how far Avri got to in redifining the
criteria on the AB WG?
  rafik:@cintra I don't know,
  CLO:@ Cintra  I do not think so  no...
  Cintra Sooknanan:May I suggest that we have the proposed agenda before the
next call
  Cintra Sooknanan:so that we can find these things out
  Cintra Sooknanan:thank you :)
  Elaine Pruis:rafik and andrew, i'd like to help you
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:take care
  rafik:elaine u r welcome :)