ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript from JAS WG - April 1

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript from JAS WG - April 1
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 07:07:04 -0700

+1 310 936 4639

-----Original Message-----
From: Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 7:03 AM
To: Karla Valente
Subject: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD
Applicant Support

  Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the JAS WG call on Friday 01 April 2011 -
Happy April Fools day !
  Cintra Sooknanan:same to you Gisella
  Cintra Sooknanan:I was very uncreative this year...
  Cintra Sooknanan:so no jokes
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Hi Gisella and Cintra
  Cintra Sooknanan:Hello Dave
  Cintra Sooknanan:and Tijani
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:hi Cintra
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:I'm on the bridge
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Hello Tijani..I am dialing now
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:hi Dave
  Karla Valente:hello Gisela, do we have Verizon access?
  Cintra Sooknanan:I have not gotten the call
  Cintra Sooknanan:I am  on :)
  Dave Kissoondoyal:I am on as well
  Carlton Samuels:hi all
  Cintra Sooknanan:hello
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Humble request to Avri - Please speak close to the
microphone when you speak...it is really faint when u speak
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Hi Carlton
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello All
  Gisella Gruber-White:Reminder: *6 to mute and *6 again to unmute
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The applicant cannot insure ICANN's risk
  Andrew Mack:Apologies for the delay.  I'm on now
  Cintra Sooknanan:no
  Gisella Gruber-White:Andrew Mack has joined the call
  Cintra Sooknanan:What I am saying is that the applicant cover its own risk
  Cintra Sooknanan:and ICANN cover it's own risk... NOT ICANN cover the risk of
the Applicant and ICANN
  Cintra Sooknanan:which was determined to be too expensive for ICANN
  Cintra Sooknanan:RIsk costs was just an example of one aspect that we need
further details from staff
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am no lawyer so I do not know if ICANN's liability
insurance would cover being sued by unhappy applicants
  avri:Cintra, the WG agreed with yo, but both GNSO and ALAC said no to this
being a work item.
  Cintra Sooknanan:Was that before Peter's statement in Brussels?
  avri:I am not sure of the timing,  but i am not sure what difference that
mkaes as we are chartered and we had that on the charter but our chartering
organizations said no.
  avri:Oh yeah, the last point that slipped my mind.  The finaicial aid proces
with be seperate from the application process, or at least that was my
assumption, so none of our pre-qualifications will be relevant to the
application process.
  Karla Valente:@cintra: how we would cover the cost of a pre-evaluation? New
gTLD program uses evaluators that are paid.
  Cintra Sooknanan:The thinking is
  Cintra Sooknanan:if they do a pre-qualification test
  Cintra Sooknanan:then this would be used when they are in the DAG process
  Cintra Sooknanan:almost like an update
  Cintra Sooknanan:but more thorough
  Alan Greenberg:Sorry for being late. Dialing in now.
  Cintra Sooknanan:the cost is the crux .. .and only if we see the actual cost
can we determine how it can be reduced/removed
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ouch
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:(line noise)
  Carlton Samuels:ouch
  Gisella Gruber-White:we are looking into this
  Gisella Gruber-White:Carlos dropped
  Gisella Gruber-White:we are dialling out to him again
  Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome Alan
  Gisella Gruber-White:Carlos is back
  Alan Greenberg:Sorry, dropped off
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Sorry, was dropped .. now am on
  Alan Greenberg:Back
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:sorry, I have to leave now, my arm is hjurting
  Cintra Sooknanan:Good bye Tijani
  Cintra Sooknanan:Take care
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:I hope the next call, we will discuss text proposed so that
we can move ahead
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Bye Tijani..You take care of yourself
  Cintra Sooknanan:and review the flowcharts :)
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care, Tijani
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:thank u all
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:bye
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please state your names
  Gisella Gruber-White:This is for the transcript - thank you!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:all the Best, TIjani
  Cintra Sooknanan:also process
  Cintra Sooknanan:?
  Cintra Sooknanan:nope
  Andrew Mack:sorry Gisella
  Andrew Mack:will say my name in future
  Alex Gakuru:I would appreciate the WG's views on my suggested initiative to
approach all African governments in coming up with an offically supported
framework, thanks.
  Elaine Pruis:Sorry I have to go, Happy April
  Cintra Sooknanan:Same to you Elaine
  Cintra Sooknanan:see you on Tuesday!
  Andrew Mack:Alex, think this is a good idea if we can do it efficiently
  Alex Gakuru:Thank you Andrew, any other views?
  avri:Alex, good idea, figuring out an apporach is the hard part
  Alex Gakuru:Thanks Avri, where there is the will there is always a way :-)
  avri:yes but sometimes the way is hard to find in a timely way.
  Cintra Sooknanan:Thank you :)
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Thanks and bYE
  Cintra Sooknanan:Make the most of April Fools while it lasts!